"Bringing mirth, merriment, (maybe just a smidge of mayhem) & unconditional enlightenment to the masses through verse, imagery, and any random way I can."
Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Infuriation

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"No one ever hears the listener."


I'm the one who always takes the high road. The one that other's come to for answers. The one who holds her tongue, espouses encouragement and avoids confrontation whenever possible. These are lessons I learned from my beloved Mother and I will NEVER, EVER change that part of me. Yet I still get just as mad, or depressed or frustrated as anyone else and what do I get? Looked over and taken for granted. Gina is a happy soul, so let me just keep worrying about my own agenda and not worry about her woes or problems. She is strong enough to deal with then.

My Mom was the same way, and I now understand some of her pain. She taught me well, VERY WELL, but I still get f@cking pissed off when my feelings are overlooked, just cause I'm always the happy, wise one. Well, I can feel sad too, and when I do, I think...




"It's who we are".

No comments:

Post a Comment