"Bringing mirth, merriment, (maybe just a smidge of mayhem) & unconditional enlightenment to the masses through verse, imagery, and any random way I can."
Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Thursday, July 7, 2011

G's Thought For The Day...

I put a tweet out on my Twitter page earlier today and it got a decent amount of reaction, so I thought I'd clarify my position just a bit. The tweet said...

"Your TRANS lesson for today; Calling a Transgender person a tranny is like calling a gay man a f*g or an African-American the n-word. Ya get it??"

I know this is a word that gets tossed around a lot in our "world". Some TG's hate it, some don't mind it, and however they feel about it is OK by me, we all have our own perceptions. I just feel that as we move further and further into the mainstream, that at it's core, and how it is usually used within the context of the media, it's offensive, wrong, and as derogatory as any of the slurs I mentioned above.

I'm not trying to be some sort of crusader (at least I don't think I am), but I do like the sound of being an enlightener. So consider this my lil stab at enlightening the masses for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment