"Bringing mirth, merriment, (maybe just a smidge of mayhem) & unconditional enlightenment to the masses through verse, imagery, and any random way I can."
Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Two Years Old

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of my moving to Los Angeles and FINALLY beginning my life as my TRUE self. It was a truly day for celebration, which I did and then some! It's been such an amazing period of growth and re-affirming wonderment that I still sometimes just have to sit back and smile in disbelief at how beautiful life has become.

It wasn't that long ago that I was miserable and basically a shut in over my inability to be who I knew I really was. Through a mix of frustration, support and blind faith, I loaded up a u-haul, made my way down the coast and made Gina my reality. My world turned upside down. I went from an unemployed, apathetic invisible being, to a thriving, caring soul that is happily employed at a job that is making a difference in the LGBT community and I have an incredible network of love and support that I sometimes feel guilty over it all.

The last two years have been THE most wondrous of my entire life. The love and support I received from family and friends has been nothing short of remarkable. Their new found respect and awe over my transition and rebound from the shell of a human being I used to be is called inspirational to some. I just look at it as self-preservation, but I relish being able to enlighten people that transgender people aren't freaks or sexual deviants. All we want is to live productive, and most of all HAPPY lives.

I've finally gotten to the point in my life that I can truly look at the mirror and smile. Not only at my physical reflection, but what I've accomplished in my heart& soul. If there is hint of regret, it's that my beloved parents didn't make it to see their child finally reach absolute bliss, but I know they are looking down and so proud of their baby!

I've received some many wonderful well-wishes from friends and family that have truly touched my very soul. One in particular was so awesome to me that I had to share it. So to all my wonderful friends and family...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. I will try every day of my life to exude and share the love you have shown me. This hat toss is for you...



And to my pal CiCi, thanks for the new theme song, babe!

With friends like you, it looks like I really did make it after all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment