"Bringing mirth, merriment, (maybe just a smidge of mayhem) & unconditional enlightenment to the masses through verse, imagery, and any random way I can."
Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

RIP Rapid Robert, Thanks For The Stories

I had a couple of occasions to meet and interview Bob Feller and he was not only one of the finest pitchers of all time, but a great American. His stories of both baseball and his time in the military were legendary in our eyes. It was way cool that some nobody minor league radio person got to hear some of his a mega Hall Of Fame tales!

He was as crusty as they come and quite honestly very bitter that players of the more modern era "couldn't hold his jock and were making millions" (he actually said this to me after tape stopped rolling on an interview I was doing with him) and he had some very interesting things to say about Mickey Mantle as I had the pleasure of interviewing Bob on the day of Mantle's death, but I think I'll keep that between me & Bob. Thanks #19 for all the great stories!




Bob Feller Obituary

No comments:

Post a Comment