"Bringing mirth, merriment, (maybe just a smidge of mayhem) & unconditional enlightenment to the masses through verse, imagery, and any random way I can."
Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Livin' The Dream!!

I had a wild revelation as left work in Hollywood tonight, and I just had to share it. I thought back to 2007 when I walked these exact same streets with a dear old friend of mine. Now, 2007 obviously isn't all that long ago, but it might as well be a different century for me.

I was on a road trip with one of my best friends ever! We have been friends since we were little kids. We played baseball together, we grew up together, and our moms even became best friends because of us. He was the first person I ever came out to, and someone who has done nothing but support and love me since the moment I told him.

Anyway, in 2007, I still wasn't out to him yet and it was killing me. All I could dream of as we toured Hollywood Blvd was living my life the way it was meant to be lived. I could see myself living as Gina, living and working in L.A. and finally being 1,000% happy with who I was. My terms and only my terms.

Fast forward to my revelation of this evening. Here I was leaving work, looking at all the fabulous old architecture, all the history of Hollywood and it hit me. I really am livin' the dream. I DID IT! MY rules, MY way, MY dream!! I still can't get the smile off of my face and I just had to jot down a few thoughts before the elation subsided.

I guess the moral of my lil story is that dreams really DO come true. It may sound cliche, but if you keep believing, keep moving forward and NEVER, EVER lose sight of what you REALLY, TRULY want, it can totally happen!

I mean, geez...if I could do it, I suppose just about anyone can!

1 comment:

  1. babydoll,
    i'm so happy for you and so proud of you. the problem is that you make it all look so effortless. but the rest of us in this crazy scene know that nothing comes easy in t-world. that everything you've accomplished has taken courage, determination, and a whole lot of self-love. congrats on your transition, on Wild Side, on the new job, on... well... just like you said, your living of the dream! very few get to do that. very few have the guts to do that. and even fewer carry it off with such charm.
    xoxo,
    CiCi

    ReplyDelete