"Bringing mirth, merriment, (maybe just a smidge of mayhem) & unconditional enlightenment to the masses through verse, imagery, and any random way I can."
Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Friday, June 17, 2011

Old Hollywood

I love old Hollywood! It was such a fabulous time. Even today, it hits me just so when I'm leaving work and see all the neon signs atop the buildings and think of all the history at places like Musso & Frank's etc. I've also become a huge fan of the show Hollywood Tresures, where Joe Maddalena and his team scour the country for pieces of old & rare Hollywood memorabilia. It's really fascinating stuff.

Anyway, I saw an episode this week where they were doing inventory on Debbie Reynolds' ENORMOUS collection of Hollywood goodies and tomorrow in Beverly Hills, almost her whole collection is being auctioned off. This stuff is worth like tens of millions of dollars and you can check out the catalog at the link below MM's pic.

Speaking of millions, anyone got a couple of mill they can float me to buy Marilyn's subway dress?



Profiles in History - The nation's leading dealer in guaranteed-authentic original Hollywood memorabilia, historical autographs, letters, documents, vintage signed photographs and manuscripts. - PROFILES IN HISTORY

No comments:

Post a Comment