"Bringing mirth, merriment, (maybe just a smidge of mayhem) & unconditional enlightenment to the masses through verse, imagery, and any random way I can."
Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Monday, October 11, 2010

They did it!!!

OMG! What a gut wrenching ride! Every game a one run affair. Every single pitch; sweet, sweet torture, as only my boys can do, but in the end, it's sweet, sweet VICTORY that covers me like a warm orange & black snuggie. The Giants have moved on to face Philadelphia in the 2010 NLCS! We went down to Georgia like a bunch of orange & black devils and ruined Bobby Cox's retirement tour. Sorry Bobby, hats off for being an icon and all that, but not this time! Give it up for my boys though for giving Bobby his props after we went into his house and by hook or by crook won two in a row from the team with the best home record in the NL this year!

As always, we're underdogs against the Phillie juggernaut, but how f#*king kewl is Lincecum v. Halliday, Cain v. Oswalt and Sanchez v. Hamels. It's a tall order to take out the Phils, but isn't this what makes it our grand old game? I'm sure of another 45 to 63 innings of sweet Giant torture, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

And while baseball is all about the ultimate prize and being #1, sometimes it's nice to just be in the mix and keep the juices flowing. When a team becomes a part of the family, but has caused more heartaches than triumphs (as my boys have), it's just a privilege to get another ride on the roller coaster!

So for my Uncle Rich, and my late Grandmother Norma, my late mother Stephanie (who wasn't a huge fan, but was devastated when we were devastated), I say; well here we are, and wherever you may be, let's enjoy what's REALLY important...family, friends, the memories given to us by our boys and the exultation of the journey!

So as I celebrate, and write this with tears in my eyes, I recall a brief exchange had by two Giant greats, on perhaps one of the happiest days of my life. When before his at-bat in Game #5 of the '89 NLCS with the game hanging in the balance; Kevin Mitchell said to Will Clark, "Let's get the job done." The Thrill's reply..."It's done!" He then slashed a two out, two run single off of Mitch Williams which secured the Giants first pennant in 27 years! And so as it was then, hopefully it shall be again!

Now it's on to Philly and let's have another magical ride!!




No comments:

Post a Comment