"Bringing mirth, merriment, (maybe just a smidge of mayhem) & unconditional enlightenment to the masses through verse, imagery, and any random way I can."
Legalize Trans - Affirm, Include, Appreciate trans and gender-non-conforming people and issues

Friday, October 1, 2010

My One Year Anniversary

It was exactly one year ago today that I pulled up in my bestie KiKi's parking lot at sunrise in a 15 foot U-Haul with my car in tow and began my new life as not only an Angelino, but as Gina 24/7!

What a truly wild ride it's been and I couldn't be happier. To say that I've grown over this year would be the understatement of the century. I have not grown, but blossomed into the person I always dreamed I would be. I still pinch myself and can't believe that I've come as far as I have in such a relatively short period of time, but here I am. As much as I'd love to pat myself on the back and say I did it all on my own, that is just impossible to do. There have been so many awesome, wonderful family members and friends that have helped me achieve my dreams that it would take another year to list them all, but please know that I'm sending much, much, much love to all those that have supported and befriended me on this crazy trip. I'd be remiss however, if I didn't throw out some special love and admiration to some very special people.


Katie, my love, my wou! You have changed my life in way's I would have never thought possible. You brought real love into my life and I can't imagine ever being without my wou! I love you with all my heart.


Tricia, my pizza partyin' most awesome & generous pal. If it wasn't for you coming up to a shy, lost part-timer that night way back in 2007 at Encounters and showing me your enormous heart and compassion, I wouldn't be where I am today. Your love and generosity have been immeasurable to me and you will forever hold a special place in my heart!


Lastly, my bestie KiKi. Oh KiK, what a wild road we've shared. We've supported and watched each other grow from part time wandering waifs, into full time, kick ass, confident women. We've traveled down such similar paths on our way to awesomeness. It's been my honor and such a total gas ridin' down that long & winding road with you! You are my sister, my bestie, and no matter what, I LOVE ya always! TerrorTwins-4-Life!!!!!

There are so many wonderful people who have shown me kindness and helped me become me on this insane adventure, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and I'm honored to call you friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment